- Consumer Education
- Statewide Annual Conference
- Peer Review
- Consumer Referral
- Guidelines for Practice
- Educational Guild Meetings
- Private Facebook group
- Expand communications and build support among midwives, consumers and birth professionals.
- Establish safe guidelines for academic education and apprenticeship of midwives.
- Assist in development of midwifery options and education in Indiana.
- Promote midwives as quality health care providers for women and their families.
- Promote research and information of midwifery care.
- Establish and support Standards of Practice & Standards of Care guidelines for practicing midwives.
Indiana Midwives Association is an organization dedicated to promoting high standards of midwifery and safe childbirth alternatives. Additionally, IMA seeks to encourage a sense of unity among midwives throughout the state, while fostering appreciation and respect for one another’s differences in education and professional backgrounds.